Saturday, April 26, 2014

VINTAGE STOOL TURNED LOVELY!!

 I LOVE footstools...
so when I came across this one at a tag sale down the shore last summer for $10, I had to snatch it up!...I finally got around to updating it...a little paint, antiquing glaze and some pretty fabric was just what it needed...
take a look at the before & after....
Above is the lovely after....below the stained, sad before...


  
                                                                                      










Love my new stool and it is now a perfect addition to our master bedroom...

xo, Mariaelena

linking up to these party people:
http://romantichome.blogspot.com
http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com

10 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choice for the stool. A birdie medallion toile. . . in my opinion it could never get any better than that.Have certainly never seen that fabric at any of the places I shop. Did you order it online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jude...I totally agree...LOVE the fabric...I actually got the fabric from a decorators tag sale as well...planning on making a pillow for my bed soon!...Thanks so much for stopping by...have a happy day!, Mariaelena

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Martina...found that at a decorators tag sale too!...so happy with the way the stool turned out...:)...Have a happy Sunday, Mariaelena

      Delete
  3. Wow, you've made it great...It's perfect redo....Happy Sunday, dear:)
    Hugs,
    Marinela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, This looks so beautiful! I love your fabric choice for the stool.
    How to Décor a Lovely Wallpapered Interior for Beautiful Look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bench is beautiful - lovely transformation - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! What a great makeover and am in love with that blue fabric.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete