Friday, December 23, 2011

FINAL REVEAL OF OUR KITCHEN!!!...

Happy holidays to all of my blog friends!!

We took on the task of painting our maple kitchen cabinets right before Thanksgiving...I have shown 2 sneak peeks but am now revealing the finished product!!....I LOVE it!!...all of it....you might want to make yourself a cup of coffee or tea before looking...I probably took too many pictures...trying to get in every detail.....so sit back relax and I hope you enjoy this post as much as I'm enjoying the new kitchen!!...btw:  this is the 3rd time we have redone this kitchen and as my hubby says this will be the last!!

a full view

Below are a few before pics:  we gutted our 1963 kitchen and updated with the maple cider stained cabinets 10 years ago...not bad, but I always loved the eating area of our 10 year old redo more than the work area...now it all blends!!!









about the point where I was hyperventilating


again...couldn't have done this project without my husband...








my little coffee/tea/toast area...love my mini white keurig...





Love the new faucet and extra deep sink...one of my favorite changes... 






I tried to get a closeup of the new quartz countertops....they are  neutral and it's as if I took everything from the rest of our home, mixed it in a bowl and made a countertop out of it...perfect!


As you know from our beach house...I LOVE subway tile.


We are lucky enough to have a double sided fireplace...we use it often...




This picture is the perfect addition to the wall in the new kitchen:  It is an artists rendition of L'Arc de Triomphe in Paris that my daughter brought me back from her trip to France last spring. (maybe someday I'll get to go...lol)



The mercury glass birds & the little boxwood topiaries are new additions!! 
I replaced the old hydrangeas with new ones I had dried in the fall...






My little white kitchen tv was a Christmas present a couple of years ago..


You have seen this before:  the corner built in that my husband built for me in the eating area 10 years ago from a photo I showed him....

Add caption


New base molding on the cabinets...wasn't there before....really finished things off...


I painted our old kitchen stools a muddy brown color...goes really nice with the new earthy countertops...




Thanks for hanging in there with all of the photos and a huge thank you to all of you who follow along.  You have given me so much great inspiration and support!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
XO, Mariaelena



linking to:
http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/
http://verymerryvintagestyle.blogspot.com/
http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/
http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/
http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/
http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com/
http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/
http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/
http://happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com/
http://www.notjustahousewife.net/
http://itssoverycheri.com/2011/12/26/the-best-of-2011-its-party-time/
http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com/2011/12/primp-your-stuff-wednesday-linky-party_27.html
http://makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-finally-friday-and-not-only-that.html
http://missmustardseed.com/
http://sassysites.blogspot.com/
http://stylishonceagain.blogspot.com/
http://evolutionofstyleblog.blogspot.com/

58 comments:

  1. I know you are going to hear this a gazillon times; but, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful transformation; you and hubby did a great job! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makeover! I would love to paint our kitchen cabinets. Please share the details, which paint you used, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo gorgeous!!! Would love for you to come share at FNF sometime-going on all weekend at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so beautiful! I just love it ! ENJOY and there will be many happy and fun times in there. Great job- Merry Christmas and God bless in 2012! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so thrilled to have your kitchen done in time for Christmas!! It looks beautiful! The cabinets really stand out in white! I love it all! Enjoy!

    Merry Christmas!

    XO,
    Jane

    PS...your countertops are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW!!! Mariaelena your kitchen turned out beautiful!! LOVE the cabinets painted white and your new counters are gorgeous! I am lovin that fireplace and built in too! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! It looks so amazing. I bet you're so glad to be done :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely gorgeous! You must be so HAPPY! I love the two-way fireplace...fabulous! It's all so light and airy...love, love, love it! Merry Christmas Mariaelena! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so great! A wonderful kitchen to be baking holidays goodies in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I especially love your faucet, sink, and countertops. It all looks just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new kitchen. Y'all did a great job. I would have had to do mine by myself. So glad your husband helped. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this was A LOT of work but Maria...it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the choices you made. The countertops are definitely major eye candy. I know you will enjoy it through this holiday too!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen is beautiful Mariaelena! I sooo want to paint my cabinets but there are a lot and I can't get up that kind of motivation! It looks so beautiful! Nice job!
    Merry Christmas!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, it's so beautiful, Mariaelena! All of your extra touches and special decor items look perfect with the cabiniets, the counters and the floor. Ya'll did a super-wonderful job!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  15. your kitchen looks lovely!! it's amazing what white paint does. love your chairs too : )
    merry christmas!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen turned out beautifully. I painted my cabinets white several years ago and I love them. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
    I'm so glad that you were able to get it done before Christmas and that all your chicks are in the nest.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, its just gorgeous! I will be featuring it tomorrow! Merry Christmas :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my! Your kitchen is beautiful1 I just love it! It is so bright and huge! Love your corner built in your hubby made. Now don't mess it up cooking! ;)
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh it's so good. What a great improvment. and you are right about husbands we counldn't do it without them.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mariaelana! Wow! I loved looking at all of the pictures! What a beautiful transformation! I'd definitely be up for cooking or hanging out there all day long! ;) Great job!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  21. UNBELIEVABLE! WOW you did an amazing job. I can't get over the difference. I am sharing this on my facebook wall!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I LOVE your kitchen redo, it's gorgeous! I'm visiting today from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia and am now a new follower of your blog. I look forward to catching up on your posts.

    If you have a moment stop by my blog and say Hi!

    Have a beautiful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! What a transformation! Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!!!! Gives me the inspiration I needed to finish stripping my cabinet doors I started over the summer so I can get to painting too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job! It looks fantastic. I love that you reused your old cabinets. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a difference! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is fantastically amazing!! So lucky to have a husband with carpentry skills.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely fabulous! I admire your drive and determination ... job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO GORGEOUS!!! You have inspired me to finally paint my own kitchen. Love your blog and cant wait to start following you and see your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! So crisp and fresh! White does seem to make all the difference, doesn't it? Very nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a fabulous update. Your kitchen had good 'bones' to start with and the painting has just made it so much more attractive and current. I changed my handles (from wood) and appliances in the kitchen to stainless and bang it changed the era. I was lucky I had white to start with. I just love your countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh that looks so nice! Were the cabinets maple? We have the paprika colored cabinets and I dream of white or gray. Are you going to be doing a post on how you did it (or have I not dug deep enough yet?) - I'm visiting from DIY Show-off. I hope you will visit me too :)
    http://frecklefaceathome.blogspot.com/

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow! absolutely terrific!! Do you have a section where you list the colors you used? It is the perfect white - is it a special brand or color of white?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love, Love, LOVE your kitchen make-over, every single detail. And, it just so happens I have been to the top of the Arc de Triomphe! Haha My hubby and I have been thinking of redoing our kitchen in white and just last year did the white subway tiles in our bath and I do love it. I just may carry those into the kitchen now after seeing your transformation. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing.

    Happy New Year!

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow it looks gorgeous!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ok....I'm in serious kitchen envy over here, Mariaelena!!! It's just beautiful!!!! It's what our kitchen COULD look like if my hubby would trust my instincts to paint our cupboards! Agh! The stainless, the white paint, the wood floors....all of it is awesome! What brand of small TV did you buy? Are you happy with it? We're thinking of buying one. Great job, girlie! :) xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love to know the wall paint color! Beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Your kitchen looks amazing!!! I love it! It's so crisp and clean.
    I REALLY love the fireplace. I want one in my kitchen too. :)
    Thank you for sharing this with me.
    Blessings!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  38. It looks amazing! So bright and fresh, and the granite is gorgeous. I especially love the fireplace - it adds such warmth (no pun intended) and character to the kitchen. Something that you don't see very often! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love what you have done...it looks so peaceful. Lovin' the fireplace! Growin up, we had a neighbor with an old farmhouse that had a fireplace in the kitchen. I loved going there on saturdays and having breakfast....such a cozy feeling. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jelious. I love a white kitchen. Yours is beautiful. Love the countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Nice job! I'm going to pin this as an inspiration photo for my parents kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for linking up your amazingly gorgeous kitchen makeover! It's so warm and welcoming, and I love your finishes. I appreciate you linking up to my first Room Evolution party and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful reno! We'll be in the process in a few weeks. Just wonder how big your sink is? We're debating a 23" versus a 30". How do you find the single sink ... if you had a double, do you miss it?
    Would appreciate your input!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your kitchen is lovely! It looks so clean and crisp!! I'm sure it was a ton of work- but from where I stand it was 100% worth it!!xo Becca

    PS Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comment on my headboard makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful! I pinned some of your pic as this is almost exactly what I want to do to my kitchen! Y'all did a superb job. Also, all you need is a chandelier in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful Kitchen, you did a fantastic job! I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awesome job, such a huge improvement!
    I just completed a job for a client of 33 cupboard doors.. I tell ya, I always wanted to do ours too.. until I did hers! LOL
    Never again!! I told Mr. Ruffles we're just going to buy them from Lowes.. ha!
    Again, your kitchen is sooo much prettier all white, great job!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my goodness what a beautiful job you did on your kitchen!! I had to laugh at your comment about mixing everything up and making a counter top with it lol. Thanks for visiting my blog, now I'm going to go explore yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous Mariaelena! A tad jealous of your white Keurig! lol. My mom got my husband a black one for Christmas and I said I preferred white but we decided he could exchange it after the fact. Well he wanted to use it right away so I'm stuck with the black one. :p

    ReplyDelete
  50. What is the name of that color of quartz countertop?

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello! Awesome kitchen renovation. As with the previous poster...can you kindly tell us readers the name of the quartz used in your countertops? Is it Cambria, Silestone, Zodiac, etc.? And what is the name of the color? It has nice warm tones.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I had to come and see the faucet :) love love love your kitchen!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete