Thursday, March 31, 2016

A painted piece: before it was the THING to do...

As I was spring cleaning our family room today it hit me that I painted this side table about 15 years ago.  I haven't retouched it once.  My mom gave this table to me when she was done with it.  She had picked it up at a tag sale and painted it herself about 20 years ago!!  
(she was painting pieces long ago...she'd paint you if you stood in front of her long enough...lol..)   
When I inherited it from her, I painted over her forest green & yellow sponge paint with white.  I decided to give it an aged look by using a dark stain...
I rubbed it on and rubbed it off. 
 (and although I LOVE and often use the chalk paints, 
 I continue to use this technique today) 
  I still love this piece!  
And now it's sooo in!  
Just goes to show you that
 neutrals and whites last forever & maybe painted furniture will continue to be popular for some time. 
Take a peek...



Have a happy day!!
xo, Mariaelena

No comments:

Post a Comment