Thursday, April 9, 2015

French Linen accent table redo...

Hi friends....
   I recently purchased some Annie Sloan paint down the shore at Artifacts and Company, one of my favorite shops on Long Beach Island. 
You can check out their FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/artifactsconsignmentboutique
I'm so happy that I can finally walk into a store and purchase some.  Here's a little accent table that I just finished up today for my friend using 
AS French Linen...
I'm really pleased with the end result...
take a look...
I decided to add a white glaze on top of the French Linen that I mixed up to add some texture.
Before:  painted silver with some gold...
pretty but my friend is going with a new look in her home...
I painted 2 coats of AS French Linen...
LOVE the color...
I then covered the entire table with the white glaze, let it dry a bit and then came back and wiped  it until I got it exactly how we wanted it...
see below...
Here you can see how the glaze adds texture...
How cute is this table???...It folds flat...
BEFORE & AFTER
Picture perfect & ready to be returned to my friend....
still loving my angel vine (also purchased at Artifacts and Company)
You can see how I painted my terra cotta pot here:
http://cottagelivingfrombeachtoburbs.blogspot.com/2015/04/clay-pot-projects.html

Thank you for stopping by...
xo, Mariaelena

2 comments: